Search for atmospheres
A town that feels so alive...
You enter the town after many days of travel on the long and sometimes dangerous road. People are out and about, shopping and gossiping, attending to chores like chopping firewood or working hard in the fields. A blacksmith is hammering away at nails and horseshoes: things constantly lacking, no matter how many he makes. The village is full of children, happy and healthy, swarming around their parents' feet as they play their games. Horses pulling wagons, or more often being ridden, trot through the main square and along the larger ways. In the distance you can hear farm animals, and the singing of birds. There are certainly worse places to be!
As usual, I'm making this mix for my D&D campaigns, as villages are common enough that an ambience seemed wise (it's geared towards a particular village for a particular adventure, but it works well enough elsewhere). Comments and votes are welcome and appreciated, especially ones with compliments or constructive criticism. Enjoy!
Comments for "Prosperous Village"
License details for "Prosperous Village"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Wheat in Wind by alexbird from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Farm Ambience Revisited by Benboncan +)
- Market People NL by http://freesound.org/people/klankbeeld/ +)
- horse trap by LukeIRL from freesound.org +)
- Blacksmith's Workshop by Sorry, can't remember +)
- Chopping wood by vikend_ratnik from http://freesound.org +)
- Children Playing by yacou from http://freesound.org +)